Last year, I did not made any resolutions, other than I was going to read more books. Which was a resolution I did manage to keep, so kudos to me. January 1st of any year I don't start any of the promises I've made to myself. It ends up being a slothful day and this year was no exception. This was last year, January 1. Today, we lounged on the new couch, watched the Ali G marathon, ate nuts and napped. All in preparation for tomorrow. This year, I have made a list of New Year's resolutions.
1) Lose 35 lbs. Tomorrow after work, I am heading to a WW Meeting. Sarah Ferguson herself sent me a New Year's letter inviting me back. So, I'm going. How can I refuse? Besides, the $21.95/month that the WW on-line programme charges my VISA card clearly has not worked for me. I've been paying WW for a year now, and have only managed to gain another 10 lbs. I will go to the meetings. However, I will not talk about the buttery pounds melting off of me on this blog. If you really want, you can follow my progress over at Down Kitty Down!
2) I will post everyday at Down Kitty Down , mostly for my own benefit as a way to keep me in line.
3) I will spend more time with my mom. A few things have happened in the past week to make me realize that I need to make more of an effort. Firstly, Amanda, at Putting Out Fires has had a rough time over the holidays as her mom is in the hospital with a diagnosis of leukemia. Second, while my mom was away, one her friends died suddenly of a brain aneurysm. She was the same age as my mom. I already know the sadness of losing a parent, and I can't help but think that my mom is not getting any younger. I should be making the most of having a mother, even if she pisses me off at times.
4) This year I will start travelling again and will infect Greg with the travel bug.
5) Watch out for "Travel Tuesdays" on this blog. I want to scan some of my best photos now that I have a new scanner.
6) I will get my red wine consumption under control. No doubt, this will help with resolution #1.
I think these are the resolutions that I can reasonably handle. Wish me luck!
Happy 2007, and good luck with your resolutions!