Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Have you at all wondered if I was EVER going to blog again?!
Well, it's been a busy week. In between working a bunch of nightshifts, it was my friend, Sal's, wedding on Saturday so I was busy doing my Matron of Honour duties.
The wedding was absolutely beautiful, and Sal was a gorgeous bride. She and her groom were married outside in the garden of an estate home by her father, who is a minister. It was very touching. The flowers, the jazz band, the reception and lunch were wonderful. The only thing I found surprising, was that there were a few guests, who, I'm pretty sure, could play The Dueling Banjos . (The Baked Bean teeth, suspenders, running shoes and fanny pack were a bit of a giveaway!)
KD was in town from Montreal, it was VERY good to see her again. KD, Sal and I met in Saudi Arabia 15 years ago, and I think it's great that we still manage to see each other a few times every year.
Other stuff: the condo is STILL on the market!!! I can't believe it. I thought for sure it would sell quickly, that someone would love it as much as I do, and scoop it up. I'm trying not to get my knickers in a twist about it, and in the meantime we have been enjoying the rooftop, but I'd kind of like to move forward and start house-hunting. That's the frustrating part.
We bought a second car the other day for $200. It's an old car, but in excellent shape, and the deal was too good to pass up. WHEN we get a house, it'll come in handy for Greg. In the meantime, we are going to keep it off the road as we only have parking for one car here at the condo.
Not the most exciting post, I know, but hey...it's all I've got right now!

No comments: