Friday, October 21, 2005
10 Secrets, that aren't So-Secret anymore!
1. I hate shaving my legs. So I don't. Well, I do when I absolutely have to, like maybe once a week. I don't have really hairy legs for some reason and it doesn't grow in prickly, so it's not really a priority for me. Thankfully, Greg doesn't think it's a big deal.
2. I do shave the pits, regularly. Because that might be noticeable!
3. I hate small-talk. There are times when I prefer to have a comatose patient over a talking one. I'm really good at making small talk with comatose people. Believe it, or not. But then again, I have no trouble talking with cats.
4. People tell me their secrets all the the time! I have no idea why they would tell me their secrets, except that they probably want to tell someone and they figure that I am safe. Or am I?!
5. I hate talking on the phone, unless it's convenient for me. I love call display.
6. As much as I tried to get pregnant these past two years, in truth, it has only been two years in my life that I wanted to have children. Partly because the clock was ticking, partly because I'd finally met someone who would be a good father. I've always been afraid I would be a mother like mine was. She repeated history, I didn't want to.
7. I'm not as smart as I once thought I was. I know that I am respected at work, but I also know that people wonder why I am not doing more with my career. Truth is: my work is not my life. I love being a nurse. But I enjoy my life outside of work a whole lot more. Maybe that makes me smarter...who knows?
8. One summer, I went on over 30 first dates. I was on Lavalife. My motto was: A girl's gotta eat! My nickname is "thegirly1" under relationships. I just checked it out, and funny, my profile is still there! I was 37 at the time! Shhhh...I'm getting married, and I still have a profile!
9. A bottle of wine and a bag of low-fat popcorn is my favourite dinner when no one is watching.
10. I was the first to fart when Greg and I were starting to get to know each other. I was sitting on top of him kissing him, when it just slipped out. I thought I could do it quietly, and he wouldn't notice, but it didn't quite happen that way. Unfortunately.
Did I mention how unfortunate this was? Because that, apparently, gave him free reign, an he hasn't stopped farting since.
He must have been ready to explode those first two months.