Saturday, March 05, 2005

I love Saturdays! The sun is shining, there is not a cloud in the sky and maybe, just maybe, the snow will melt...forever. I am really getting tired of winter, it's been a really cold one too with lots of snow. We don't usually get this much. We've had so much, that here in the city it never really turned into that grey and slushy mess.
Wed night Derek, Greg and I went to Massey Hall http://www.piperanddrummer.com/imageLibrary/MasseyHall.jpg to see Rain, a tribute band to the Beatles www.raintribute.com they were excellent! I remember going to see Beatlemania when I was MUCH younger (25 yrs ago!!!) Although I am not the biggest Beatles fan, its amazing that I knew every single song they played, and almost all the words (personally, I enjoy making up my own words as I go along) It was a fun night out, and the first time I've been to Massey Hall that I can remember. It is a beautiful building with high vaulted ceilings and stained glass. Lots of history there too. There is a hallway with cases filled with collages of entertainers counting through the decades. In the 1940's Hitlers nephew was there to talk about "What the German's Really Think" In the 60's Bob Marley, Joni Mitchell, in the 70's Donny and Marie, the Jackson 5, in the 80's INXS and so on...I could have spent hours looking at the cases and pictures.
Salena has had a bad week. Poor Robert had to pull over on the side of the highway as he thought he was having a heart attack. An ambulance was called and he was admitted to the hospital yesterday. Last week he had his gallbladder out, and I guess they missed a gallstone in his common bile duct. Well, it blocked the duct and backed up his pancreas so now he is in absolute pain with pancreatitis. To make matters worse, yesterday his dad had open heart surgery so his mom has been at the hospital all alone. In the middle of all this they are moving in together and are expecting appliances to arrive today. Jeff hasn't finished moving out and is not returning Salena's calls. I really kind of feel sorry for her.
Heading to Fergus today to see Denise, hopefully we'll have time to stop by the trailer.