Thursday, February 10, 2005

Finger up Bum story....

So yesterday I was working the 10-6 shift. First patient of the day was this man WHO WOULD NOT STOP TALKING. What is it about people who think that they are the most interesting people in the world and just talk and talk and talk? It drives me crazy. So this man, in between stories, finally tells me that he is feeling some bladder spasms (after his radical prostatectomy.) I think to myself "ok...perfect." And I tell him "I have a suppository I can give you that will take that discomfort away, but it has to go up your bottom." He's ok with that. I ask him to turn to his side, stick the suppository up his bum, and he chooses THAT particular time (as my finger is UP his ass!!!) to start in on a story about how his son is gay. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!?!?!? I really had to try hard not to laugh in his face.
Greg took Wed off work too. Derek and Sappo came over and I really was expecting to have a lot of projects done around this place. I even took the bus home again so as not to disturb them with their work. Hmmpf...I got home and nothing was done. Zip, zilch, nada. That is the last time I take the bus.