Thursday, October 30, 2008

On our front lawn we have a humongous pine tree (of some sort.) It is so big that when I've gone to Google Earth, you can see the tree on our property. When I first saw the tree I imagined how great it would look decorated with Christmas lights, but really it's so big, I wouldn't know how to go about finding some one to put the lights up for me. I think I'd need a crane, or a fire truck just to get up near the top. So, no lights as of yet, but we've always had about 50 sparrows that love to adorn the branches. And, of course, Mr. Mao loves to watch them from his perch in the picture window.The hospital where I work also has a Veteran's wing and sometimes I wander over there on my lunch break. They have a cute little artisan shop there where you can buy various crafts that the Veteran's have made. Note: Canadian Veteran's at this place tend to be in their 80's-90's. Anyway, one day I saw this Bird Feeder and immediately thought of my sparrows.
They love it! And I've noticed how chubby my birdies are getting. And it gives Mr. Mao hours and hours of entertainment.



4 comments:

Begered said...

Pretty cool. I love watching the birds in my bird feeder. Reminds me that I need to refill it...haven't had seed in it for months!

Have a great weekend :)

SoapWithBalls said...

Birdfeeder=TV to your cats. Cool.

Donna said...

I love both of these pictures. I hope you are feeling better about things.

Maria said...

Mao and the bird feeder remind me of an RV park where our rig was parked next to one that had two cats. By sitting on the table, they had a wonderful view of the side window of our Mirada and the parrots' cages. They were mesmerized and spent most of their time simply staring in anticipation at our unaware birds.