Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Blogger has not been my friend over the past few days. I haven't been able to see my comments, although I think I fixed that problem. I can't edit posts, so I've stopped trying, because it's just frustrating me more.
My head still feels like it's stuffed with cotton, and I'm coughing and sneezing like crazy. Greg says I sound like his 80 yr old grandmother.
All in all though, I think I'm a little better. Not better enough though to go back to work tonight. Somehow, being up all night with the chills doesn't appeal to me. And, really, what patient wants a nurse with a drippy nose standing over them? I never did understand this concept of work ethic.
Before SARS, nurses used to come to work all the time with a cold. We were encouraged to come, because otherwise it would mean your colleagues had to work short. Eventually, the whole staff, visitors, and likely, patients would be sick. Smart work ethic, huh?
Anyway, I must admit, I am a bit of a baby when I'm not feeling 100%. It really doesn't happen very often, but I do like it when someone else gets to play nurse, and I get to be the whiney patient!
Recommended Product of the Week: Kleenex with Lotion.

No comments: