Saturday, January 07, 2006

I had an interesting, unusual, flattering, funny experience today.
Greg and I were doing the usual Sunday morning thing at the antique market. Walking up and down the ailes, looking at this and that, whatever.
About half way through we were kind of stopped at a bog of people and I noticed this cute guy. Only he wasn't looking at me...he was looking at Greg! At first I thought that maybe I was mistaken, but then I saw that he jabbed the guy beside him with his elbow, and did the quick head tilt in Greg's direction. The second was not at all subtle! He slowly drank Greg in with his eyes and then nodded in agreement with the first guy.
I looked at Greg and asked him if he just saw what I saw.
Ever so cool, he says "Ya...those guys just checked me out. First guy gave the second guy the elbow. It used to happen all the time when I lived in Vancouver"

You know how I felt?
I felt kind of proud. Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. I smiled and looked at my man in a new light. He really is cute!

Only now, a few hours later, I'm wondering if maybe, just maybe, maybe it really was Queer Eye for the Straight Guy! Maybe there was the elbow jab and the agreeing comments between them that really, the love of my life needed a Queer Makeover! I mean, he was wearing baggady-assed jeans, a bright blue t'shirt covered with white paint stains, and a non-descript black jacket. He was unshaven, his hair a little too long...

Nahhh...they were just checking my guy out! Funny, if it had been a couple of women being so obvious I might have gotten my tail feathers all ruffled. With the guys checking him out, it was oddly flattering.

Am I weird, or what?!