Friday, November 25, 2005

The Holidays are Coming, The Holidays are Coming!

There are just a few signs that the Holiday season is closing in on us.
The radio stations are playing Christmas carols (already.)
We had our first snowstorm of the season, and today it is a bright, sunny, freezing cold day. The kind of day where you know it's too cold to snow, but there is no way that yesterdays' snow is going to melt.
Last evening, my new SIL's boyfriend made a Feast of all Feasts to celebrate American Thanksgiving. He is a transplanted New Yorker, from Queens, who has lived in Toronto now for over 10 years. He says says "Cawfee from New Yoiwk" which we all find very amusing. The best thing about SIL's bf, is his sense of family togetherness, and how important it is to have friends and family come together around the Thanksgiving table. This is the second year I've had the priviledge of joining his table as a member of his family. We went around the table to say what we were thankful for, and I swear, I had tears in my eyes, it was so touching.
So, with a full belly, we drove home through the blizzard, and admired all the pretty Christmas lights that have been set up along Yonge Street. Then, we dropped like sacks of cement into bed.
This evening, we are going to the Critical Care Christmas party and tomorrow evening we are going to Recovery Room's party. I'm about to run out and buy a new outfit, because I simply have nothing to wear. I'm looking forward to buying some 'Festive' wear.
But, not looking forward to going out into the cold. The mall is only 3 blocks away, but I know in that time, my nose hairs (Yes...nose hairs!) are going to freeze together, my eyeballs will be so cold that they will water, and I'll be reminded that I really need to get new boots, because the tread on my favourite boots was worn away last winter already.

I hope I don't fall on my ass.

No comments: