Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Not-too-Foofie Dress

I lucked out today. I went dress shopping, and had it in my head that I would find one today. A Not-to-Foofie one. And I did!
As it happened, it was the second dress I tried on. I could have saved myself a lot of work and time, if I had just bought it then and there. Instead, I went to 5 other shops, and tried on another 25 dresses. In some of them I looked like a house, in others I couldn't get my ass into them. (Why-o-why didn't I stick to my Weight Watchers?!) And some of them had so much crinoline under the skirt that it was absolutely ridiculous!
Every dress I tried on after dress #2 didn't even come close. Not even a consideration. In the end, I called the first store back, gave them my VISA # and made it a done deal. They even gave me $100 off the asking price. I was told today that when you find the perfect dress for you, you just know. Kind of like how you just know when you've found the perfect man.
This is where I bought the dress: http://www.playitagainval.com/index.html It's a consignment shop, but the dress I bought is new. After the wedding, I can bring it back and they will try to sell it for me (because, really. What am I going to do with it after?!)
I feel like a million bucks in this dress. It'll need just a few alterations. I'm going to cut the train off, and have the crinoline removed, and then it will absolutely be the dress of my dreams.
Because a bride should wear the dress of her dreams, even if sometimes it is a bit (Or a lot!) Foofie. But mine's not. Foofie.

No comments: