Thursday, April 14, 2005

Tomorrow is the big day! I'm pretty excited about the Vegas girlie-weekend. I always knew that one day I'd get to Las Vegas, it's not really a 'cultural' place, but in it's own way, its always been one of the places on "THE LIST." Other places on THE LIST include (not in order) Russia. I know it sounds silly, but I am so curious about their subway system in Moscow. Apparently it is an art museum, with beautiful frescos and gilt-framed art. I love Russian history, Russian art, Russian architecture, Russian accents, Russian Vodka...Basically I think I might have been Russian in a past life. One day, I'll get there (again!)
I want to walk on the Great Wall of China... I want to visit the city of Xian and see the Terracotta Warriors. (I once had dinner with a Chinese Diplomat from Xian, he piqued my interest with his stories)
I want to go to Viet Nam. I had a visa to go there once with my Ex and we bailed. Or, rather, I bailed. To me, it is a place to go backpacking and meet people, and see the beauty. I couldn't face going there with his two Samsonites.
I want to go to Prague, and see the clock, and walk across the bridge.
I want to go to Namibia, I've heard from the numerous South African nurses I've worked with, that it is heaven on earth.
I'd like to see San Fransisco, the Grand Canyon, Yosemite Park, Savannah, Cape Cod. Just Because.
I want to go to Newfoundland...I like Newfies!
There are a million places I could go to. Buy me a ticket, I'll be there.
Sometimes, I think that this is my consolation prize. I can't have children of my own, but I can choose to continue traveling the world...instead of.
In the meantime...it's Vegas, Baby!



No comments: