Sunday, February 27, 2005

And the Oscar goes too....

Hmmm...well lets see...I am back to normal...mostly anyway. After a few days of ignoring Salena (she called me on it) I've taken a deep breath and reminded myself on how good MY life is. Greg and I are good. He loves me warts and all, and I know that...have always known that. It's just that sometimes the Pity Parties get a little out of hand. There is no point in being jealous over what someone else has, because there will always be someone who might be a little jealous of me too. Not that I want that, it's just that that's the way the world works. I've been talking to Denine a bit more frequently over the past week, and one of the things we talked about was that you always look at other people and wish that you had their life. Where my friends have gotten married and had babies at a time in their lives that worked for them, I opted for overseas work and extravangant travels. I remember at that time thinking that I didn't want to get married, that I didn't see myself with children. My mom throws that in my face every now and again. She clings on to things I said in the past and when i've changed my opinion about something is very eager to remind me. Pisses me off. But that's her...she'll never change, even when the rest of the world is changing all around her.
So. Last weekend was Greg's Birthday #32. His mom and Adrianna (and her bf) and Jeff and Louise and their kids, and Sappo were there. Well, Sappo came early on Friday afternoon, and didn't leave until Sunday. He is the only guy I know who goes away for the weekend, and stays in the same city! Anyway, Denise got loaded (see, our mothers DO have something in common!) and she, Adrianna and her bf (his name was either Chip, Chad, Kyle...something like that. Typical 15 year old yo-yo...the crotch of his pants at his knees, the long baggy t-shirt...BOYS didn't look like that when we were 15!) stayed overnight. Now...I am not a prude, but I just don't think that 15 yr olds should be sleeping in the same bed....even IF the girls mother is in the same room, and they have their clothes on. I think its just not right. Anyway, thats how the evening ended. An apartment full of people sleeping whereever they could find a spot, and two 15 yr olds feeling each other up under the covers.
This past workweek has been rather uneventful, other than hooking up with an old work colleague regarding doing some moonlighting in the HIV clinic. I'm thinking that this might be a good way to try to get a foot in the door with trying a different kind of nursing. Also got a call for an interview at a Clinicl Trials research company. Easy money, but likely, not very interesting.
It's the Oscars tonight and we bailed on going to an Oscar's party at Vic and Georgina's. We've been busy this weekend painting the living room. Trying to get this place ship-shape in order to put it on the market this spring. The maintainance fees are killing me and I think we could buy a house and pay less money per month. INterested in the Riverdale area. It's really close to the city and definitely NOT suburban. We were looking for halogen lights for the Pot lights today and ended up at Costco. LOL it felt like Christmas, we bought so many presents for ourselves! We bought Bocci Balls, a Back Massager,a DVD that is really nice (some guy from Pink Floyd) and a few other things (but not lightbulbs!)
So...I am now going to watch the Red Carpet Oscar preview show. We only went to see one movie "Aviator" so we'll at least have one movie to cheer for!

No comments: