Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Happy New Year!

So far, so good.

I believe that I have kept 2 resolutions.

I am not only starting to clean my house room by room...but I am keeping the rooms clean!

We are really tight on $ right now, so we have been making do with whatever is in our cupboards, fridge and freezer. I've even found sample pet food and have discovered that The Duchess likes puppy food. Who knew?? At 16, she can eat what she wants!

I've been journaling my WW, even though I'm not attending meetings. I figure I can save myself $600...god knows I could probably teach the classes, I've attended so many.

I have kept my wine consumption under control this week, and have probably saved myself three bottles of wine so far. Not saying that I've quit...just saying I'm keeping tabs.

I've decided that I want to start work at 9:00am, and so that is my aim. I leave at 6pm no matter what time I go in and get paid for 7.5 hours. I figure that while I'm at work, I'm going to work hard, but since I'm not getting paid any extra time, I am more than happy getting to work at a time that works for me. I will make exceptions for meetings or whatever, but I am not going to be made to feel bad for coming in to work last every morning. (This was something that was making me feel bad...) As far as I'm concerned, my job requires flex hours to be available for evening shift workers, as needed.



Enough about work.

The holidays were good. My cousin Roland is my only 1st cousin. He, and his 16 year old daughter, Johanna, came to visit for two weeks. They stayed with my mom but I spent a lot of time with them. I have to admit, I really, really liked Johanna. I think that she is similar to the kind of girl I wish I had been at 16. She's very confident with who she is. She likes being different from everybody else, without being totally weird. She's not afraid to speak up, and yet she knows how not to be rude about it. She is who she is, and she seems like such a non-neurotic teenager. Which is pretty amazing considering that her step-mother is also her aunt and has been since she was a fetus at 5 months (I'll let you figure that one out!)

Anyway, it was fun hanging out with a cool 16 yr old girl who likes shopping in thrift stores. See where I'm going here? The girl came all the way to Canada to go shopping in THRIFT stores! We had THE BEST shopping day ever, and I discovered great new places to shop!

I'm ending here, and fully intend to continue where I left off, tomorrow.

2 comments:

atpanda said...

Cutting out wine?! Surely you can find better things to cut out! :-)

Happy New Year to you girl!

Begered said...

Good job on the cleaning and using the food you have in your pantry. I have been doing a little of the same as well. Seems like youa re in better spirits! :)