Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It seems as though I have lost interest in blogging on Kross-Eyed Kitty. Truth is, I feel guilty about not blogging so I don't even go near the computer anymore when I get home from work. For a while I was busy playing Scrabulous on Facebook, but even that has now lost its luster.
It's not that I don't have anything to blog about, but rather, that in my personal life I've been feeling very overwhelmed. To compensate, I don't blog, answer phone calls or even connect with my friends as much as I'd like to. It's not that I'm in a particularly bad frame of mind or anything, but sometimes I just want to run away from everyone and everything and not be responsible for anything.
Work is going really well, and I have nothing to complain about. It's still just a temporary position, but I am hoping it will turn into a permanent one. I should find out for sure by the end of the summer whether the previous educator wants her job back, but I'm 99% certain that she wants to move in a different direction with her career.
Two-four and young SIL are both crackpots, but Two-four has gotten out of hand. She is such an emotional drain on Greg and I that it affects our home life. Not that we are arguing or anything like that, but she is constantly calling with the latest drama, or coming to spend the weekend with us because they have Shrink appointments. Young SIL has been lying, depressed, catatonic, not eating, then turns around and hangs out with guys that she knows are no good for her. I actually went with young SIL to her psychiatrist appointment, hoping that Two-four would stay out in the waiting room. Well, that didn't happen, and all that did, was that Two-four did all the talking for the half hour appointment and young SIL ended up on antipsyhcotics. Dr. Shrink did ask me what my take was on all of this and I said that while Young SIL's behaviour was affecting the family, that Two-four's behaviour was the main problem. He nodded in agreement, but Two-four only interpreted that to be that the problem was because of her daughter and threw that in her face hours later.
Anyway, its come down to Greg and I deciding to get rid of the trailer. Remember that her site is just two away from ours. We've only gone up twice so far in the past two months because Greg doesn't want to have to listen to his mother go on and on and on about about the same stuff over and over and over again. I swear, sometimes she starts talking and I don't even listen to what she is talking about. I've even walked away from her and she's kept on talking. Getting rid of the trailer is one way of not spending quite as much time with her, but truthfully, I also feel overwhelmed with the responsibility of taking care of two properties. Our backyard is so pretty and on weekends I really just want to stay home and enjoy my garden. At the trailer, I spend most of my time doing chores.
Oh my! This has turned out to be a post with a lot of complaining!
There have also been some good things that have happened in the past 6 weeks. Texas was wonderful, and the conference was really good. I happened to run into a nurse I had worked with in Saudi, and that was really fun. We hadn't seen each other in 10 years. She looked fabulous, while I have gained 40 pounds since the last time she saw me! Yes, my weight is still an issue, and I've been contemplating going back to Weight Watchers for the 27th time. All the wine I've been drinking as a (very bad) coping mechanism has caught up with me and is sitting very uncomfortably around my mid-section. My birthday was last week and we had a little barbecue out back. My ever-so-tactful mom was there and asked me if I was pregnant. Then, Two-four and a couple of neighbours also agreed. I said that even though I hadn't had a period in 6 months, I was 100% sure that I was just fat. But, I have always said that the minute someone mistook my belly fat for a baby was probably time I start doing something about it. (Hmpf...and here I sit with my office door closed, eating chocolate.)
Buddy and the kitties are all fine. Mr. Mao is having dental surgery on Wednesday and Dutchie spends her days soaking up the sun.
Oh, one more thing...while I haven't been blogging on KEK, I have started up another blog for work.

San Antonio, Texas

3 comments:

Moon said...

Its great to hear from you. Sorry to hear about the pressures of family..always sucks...but losing the trailer seems like a great idea...given u have a great yard now...and like u say, to spend less time with the family lol. When u got that trailer it was when u were in your condo right. Enjoy the new yard!!..and some down time. As helpful as u are being with your family issues, with shrink appointments and such, You should both also respect yourselves...u are ALLOWED to want to spend weekends WITHOUT family coming for what ever reason. Your home is YOUR sanctuary...and you and hubby need YOUR own quiet time. Family or not..you have to decide be respected. We are treated the way we let ppl treat us...Its not easy to change things but once u do, IT BECOMES EASY LOL.

Begered said...

Happy Birthday! :) Don't worry about not blogging, I 100% understand how you feel. I myself have those feeling all the time. We all need a social break time to time. Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself at work, that makes all the difference in the world. Good luck with whatever you and Greg decide to do with the trailer, I am sure it's a tough decision.

...glad to hear from you!

Kristi said...

I'm glad you're back. I wondered where you had gone off to.

First of all, happy belated birthday. As for the mother and MIL comments, screw 'em.

I've always wanted to visit San Antonio, not because I'm a particularly "texas" kind of girl (because I'm not) but because the city is just gorgeous, from everything I've seen of it on tv.

If the trailer is as big a burden as it sounds like it is, I say get rid of it. you need less, not more, stress in your life.

I hope you'll stay blogging here for awhile. I missed you.