Thursday, November 08, 2007

NaBloPoMo Day #8

As the week has gone on, I have had less time to do anything, or so it seems. I am finishing up a few shifts that can't be covered in the recovery room, and trying to help others out with my new position at the same time. It's been frustrating and challenging but at the same time I'm enjoying this new role.
My brother came by the house today while we were at work to take Buddy for a walk. He ended up staying 3 hours and raked our property for leaves, mowed the backyard (before it snowed an hour later), did my dishes in the kitchen and took the garbage out for tomorrow. I'm pretty grateful.
He didn't attempt the laundry but I am irritated with my machines. They are about 20 years old and it takes at least an hour and a half to dry a load of laundry. I had no uniform to wear to work today except a yucky pair that were uncomfortable all day. My underpants showed and the same fricken nurses kept pointing it out to me.
On 11/11 I am going to buy a new washer and dryer. Happy 2nd anniversary to me! (I actually mean that in a good way...I'm thinking of buying some pretty machines that I have my eye on!)

1 comment:

Moon said...

Oh, I hope u are looking at front loading models. I have had mine for 8 yrs now and LOVE mine. The washer takes alot less soap, u can wash alot more at a time..and the spin really rings them out unbelievably...oh and they use way less water per load...so very efficient...I haven't had any trouble with them at all. plus, if I move, I can stack them but now, because they are flat ontop, I use that as my folding area...hehe, need I say more!!!! damn I should get advertizing royalties lol.