Wednesday, December 06, 2006

It's beginning to look like a lot like Christmas...

...around here!
Last weekend we put up our outside lights in the cedars, and also decorated our Christmas tree. The Christmas Tree is in front of the bay window and looks SO pretty! I can't recall that I've ever set up the tree this early, but then again, Christmas is only three weeks away. It creeps up so quickly, doesn't it? This year I've been quite crafty and have made some wreaths that turned out very nice, if I do say so myself. I'd love to post a picture, but unfortunately my digital camera is not working well and we haven't downloaded the programme onto the new computer. (I'm hoping that Santa will bring me a new camera!) Once I get all that sorted out, I promise I will post some pictures.
The house is smelling a lot better, no more ashtray stench. A lot of cleaning, paint and febreeze plug in noticibles (in hollyberry scent) which is making the place smell even more Christmassy.
And, have I mentioned the weather? It's f-f-f-freezing outside! We even have a dusting of snow. Mr. Mao was hilarious out in his first snowfall. Having been an apartment dweller most of his life, he's never experienced the feel of snow. It was very funny! He was goose-stepping and shaking each paw with every step! I did manage to take one picture before the camera drained the brand new (rechargeable) batteries so I'll try to figure out how to post it.
Christmas shopping is very slow but productive this year. Last year I went out to Walmart on the 23rd and did pretty much all of my shopping there. I suppose I was feeling a bit Scrooge-like and couldn't get into the mood. This year, I am feeling the spirit, and have put some thought into what I am going to get.
I did opt to donate to World Vision this year. I got my mom 2 piglets, and Greg's dad, step-mom and grandmother 2 hens and a rooster. I'm not sure what they'll think of this gift, but I liked the idea.
OK, gotta run off to work!

No comments: