Sunday, January 29, 2006

Friday night Greg and I went over to his sister's place for dinner. Excellent meal, normal conversaton. Afterwards we played Trivial Pursuit, one of my favourites. We played guys against girls. Now, I am not a competitive person. I really couldn't care less if I win or lose, as long as I'm having fun. And really, It's Just a Boardgame. OMG. J was such a Sucky-poo when the guys didn't have as many pie pieces, so he was making a point of us having to give the EXACT answer. But, it was ok for him to say the wrong answer and still take a pie because 'we knew what he meant.' In the end, Louise walked away from the game, and I let the guys win with their wrong answers. J whooped and hollered it up because they won. (Hard to believe this is a 46 year old man who has one of the top jobs with a well-known sports company.) On the way home, Greg admitted that they shouldn't have won, and that he knew I let them win. Thankfully, Greg is also not a freakishly competitive person.
I mean, everyone likes to win, but isn't it more satisfying to win when you really deserve it?

No comments: