Friday, December 23, 2005

Don't want to be a bummer...but I just wanted to acknowledge that Dec 23rd marks six years since my Dad died.
And, I was closer to my Dad than anyone else in my family. I think that he was the one person who really understood me, and who really liked me, for being me. He respected me, and wanted to know what I thought about things. I don't know what kind of a relationship he had with my brother, I don't think it was good. My mom and brother stuck together (still do) but my Dad (Papa) and I had a kind of grown up relationship. Grown-up in the sense that I could talk to him about what was going on in the world, what I wanted to do with my life. I confided in him. He let me know when he wasn't happy with the choices I had made, but he would support me with whatever it was I had chosen to do. And he let me know that I would learn from my mistakes.
I think he believed in me. And that is what I miss about him the most. HE BELIEVED IN ME.
As sad as I am that he is not here any more, I'm going to take that belief, and run with it.
But, I really miss him.
More than I let on.

No comments: