Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The Jitts.

2 days and 16 hours to go.
I worked an evening shift tonight, and sometimes I have difficulty going to sleep after I get home.
Plus, I had some heavy-duty emailing to do. I realized that somehow I had coerced 30 people to come to Vegas, and didn't really clue them in as to what to do/where to go as far as wedding arrangements/plans are concerned. One thing you should know about me: I tend to do things last minute.
In the final hour.
Fly By The Seat of My Pants.
Feign an Adventurous Spirit with The Mind of a Doop-dee-doh.
Hope For the Best.
Always Figure That Things Will Work Out.

In all honesty...I have come to think of this as The Mystery Wedding. I've never seen the chapel. I've never eaten in the restaurant. I've never worn a wedding dress. I don't know what the Minister is going to say, what the Organist is going to play, if the flowers will be what I ordered, or even if someone (my mom) will speak before she forever holds her peace.

Don't get me wrong. I am not a worrier. I don't fret. (Normally.)
In my Normal Life, as a nurse, I am so freakin' calm, I impress myself sometimes. When it comes down to the nitty-gritty, I'm there. And I'm good. I know what to do. Believe it or not, I'm organized at work, I know how to prioritize. I can practically read your mind...I know what you want.

So...how come, when I spend so much time dealing with LIFE, that I am so disorganized, and suddenly fretting?

I think I've got the Jitts.





No comments: