Sunday, November 06, 2005

5 days to go...

I had all these plans to spend a few hours in blogland today, but the simple truth is...I have a hangover.
Last night was my Stagette, and the wine and conversation flowed! We went to this cute little jazz club around the corner, where Greg and I used to go when we first started dating. We haven't been there in a very long time. In fact, I realized, that as soon as I started washing his man-pants, we kind of stopped dating! We DO still have date-nights, but just not as frequently.
Anyway, the evening was a lot of fun, and while my mom opted not to come, MIL2 did come and had a great time. She also gave me a gift of a sexy negligee and robe for the wedding night! How sweet is that?!
Well, slowly things are starting to come together, and I think I'm just down to getting the odds and ends done. I got my haircut last week, but not by my regular hair dresser. I figured I would go to the salon around the corner, and jeez...I don't know what I was thinking, but I let this BOY with red, orange, yellow, green and blue hair cut my hair! He had dyed his hair to match his Hallowe'en costume. He had gone a Court Jester, and his hair was cut like a hat with diamond shapes!
Very creative, but I should have run...very fast!
My hair is ok, but I'm glad I have arranged for a stylist to come to my hotel room to do my hair pretty.
My girdle fits under my dress, and will be fine as long as I don't breathe!
I haven't Fallen Off the Roof yet, I think I'm heading into one of those peri-menopausal phases again where I miss a month. Or, my luck, it'll happen when I'm wearing a white gown.
I've started to pack, and bought new luggage, which I'm very excited about! Matchy-samey luggage! Very chic.
I'll be spending the next few days fakin'bakin', waxing, manicuring and all that other girlie stuff designed to make me beautiful. I wonder if I can sneak in some quick liposuction? Those 5 pounds I've lost...I've gained again. Nervous eating I think. And, more vino tinto than usual.
Sigh. Oh well.
5 more days!

No comments: