Wednesday, October 05, 2005

If it's Wednesday...

...I must be finished this run of night shift. Finally. For someone who used to do permanent nights for 7 years straight, this has messed me up some. I've discovered that I'm not as good at sleeping all day as I used to be. This might be because there is some idiot somewhere above our unit hammering like a mad-man for what seems like hours on end. It sounds like they are pounding on a bathtub, like maybe they are trying to install one, but it doesn't quite fit so they are pounding down the sides to make it fit! I've been a tad short-tempered, but maybe just a bit abrupt. MIL2 called last night to say that 2-4 had called her at work, and Adriana and her BF don't have picture ID to cross into the USA. I didn't really have a response to that. 'Oh. Really.' was all I could muster up. I mean, what could I really do about it? They'll have to get a passport, but why are you telling me? I don't want to know, I have enough to think about right now. MIL2 asked me if I was pissed off at ther. No. Just tired and irritable. (but it was interesting that MIL2 and 2-4 actually spoke on the phone after nearly 20 years! Maybe WWIII won't take place on our Wedding Day, afterall!)
This morning I found some earplugs and I did manage to get a good 6 hours of sleep in. I was home by 8am, and thank god my car was on autopilot, because I really can't even remember the drive home. I crawled into bed, and snuggled with Greg before he got up for work...5 minutes later. Ah...quality time!
So, my heads a little fuzzy, and I'm on European-time, but other than that, things are looking up!
Next week I am back on day shift.
I have lost 5 lbs.
With any luck, I will not have to wear a fat-sucking mummy suit under my wedding gown.

No comments: