Tuesday, May 24, 2005

May Two-Four Weekend

We were up at the trailer this past weekend. Whew! Talk about a lot of work. The boys were great and got all the rotted crap out of the ceiling, and put the first layer of the roofing up. The rotten wood and insulation was absolutely dis-gusting. It was especially bad in our bedroom. The insulation had old insect larvae in it, and the wood was black with rot. Are you sufficiently grossed out yet?
Amazingly, the trailer already smells better. It always smelled a little musty, now I know why. Anyway, the plan next weekend is to rebuild the ceiling. I am hopeful that the work will be done by mid-June, including painting the wood paneling, and new flooring.
Friday night, G's Nan came by to let me know about this absolutely beautiful mirror that was being sold at a garage sale that she was helping out at. She needed a ride out there in the morning, so I thought, ok, well I'll have a look. OMG! What a hideous mirror! It is crica 1980's and has panels of bevelled mirrors all connected together on a heavy wooden board. She couldn't wait to show it to me, and raved about it so much I felt obligated to buy it. (I hate when that happens! Why couldn't I just tell her that it's really not my style, or that I have no place for it?!) I really don't know what to do with it, but I'm actually thinking I should maybe give it to HER since she liked it so much!
So, other than getting a start on the repairs, I did get the flower beds ready for planting next weekend and really just tidied up the lot. We had great cozy campfires, and Mao was in heaven getting all warmed up, and staring in to the flames. The guys found this hockey game under the bed that G had bought last summer and had a hockey tournament that lasted into the wee hours of the morning. They were having a great time...small things for small boys (or, not so small, as the case might be!)

No comments: