Monday, May 16, 2005

Extreme Makeover

Last night, Gee'n Me sat down and watched 2 hours of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Now, we have watched this show many times before, but last night, well, let's just say it was an emotional roller-coaster. Every 15 minutes we were turning on the tears. Our conversation (for 2 hours!) consisted of:
Me: Oh My God! That is SO sad! I can't TAKE it any more! Look at those kids...they're so cute! And now they don't have a mother! Whahhhhhhhhhh! Sniff! Blow.
G: Oh My Lord! This is crazy! Unbelieveable! Sniff! Blow.
For two hours. Every. 15. Minutes. We sat there with our eyes practically popping out of our heads, our eyebrows up at our hairlines, trying so hard not to blink. And each time we failed and repeated the above conversation (If you can call that a conversation.)
Why didn't we change the channel? It was SOOO good!
This morning my eyes feel like they have been chafed with sandpaper, and they are still hurting from last nights' tears. I haven't cried like that since the last time I saw Beaches.
Strangely enough though, sometimes I think a good cry like that is a cleansing experience.
Or, am I just weird?!
http://abc.go.com/primetime/xtremehome/bios/families/the_vitale_family.html

No comments: